Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Why I'm writing this blog

I'm writing this blog for a few reasons. To tell my story, to help myself heal, and most importantly to educate, inform and bring awareness to infertility, a medical condition that affects over 7 million people in the U.S.

I'm writing this blog to be a voice for a medical condition that is very quiet. I'm writing this blog to be a voice for a community that is often very quiet. I'm writing this blog to bridge a gap between us (the infertile myrtles) and them (the fertile myrtles).

I'm writing this blog because I am tired of feeling ashamed and guilty and inferior because I am infertile. I don't know where my journey with infertility is going to take me, or where/when it is going to end, but I do know that I'm not doing myself or anyone else any favors by not being open and honest about it, so welcome to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment